Saturday, November 3, 2012

Character Design


Soon is here..

Hello to you all, my name is Tore A. Thoresen.
I am Håkons colleague, and we work together on several projects.
One of them is the Stick-Man series.

I am here to present for you some of the character designs we have come up with.
Håkon will tell you more about the concept and narrative for the series.


This is the concept drawings for the three main characters in the series.
All of them with pretty stereotypical characteristics, often found in an office/work environment.


This is the first character 3D model made in 3Ds Max.

I've been running lots of tests to figure out what techniques to use to get the desired look.
To preserve the drawn style, I have used a mix of different texturing tools;
The flat, shaded surface is camera-projected onto the mesh, while the contours are either Ink'nPaint-textures or hand drawn.
This is not the final texture-work, but I think it nicely indicates how the final product will turn out.


Please comment on our posts.
We love feedback : )

No comments:

Post a Comment